Easter Safety Tips
With Easter just days away, many people are getting ready to celebrate the holiday with friends and family. You’re probably getting your Easter eggs dyed and making your kids Easter baskets, as well as making plans to meet at a park or at someone’s house for the big Easter egg hunt. As parents, we often get caught up in the whole celebration that we forget about important Easter safety measures. While you might be thinking, “what harm can come from a bit of Easter fun?”, there are still a few Easter safety precautions to think of as you enjoy the weekend:
Easter Egg Hunt Safety
Tailgate Locks, What Are They Good For?!
This is a follow up to my previous post about Tailgate Theft and How to Prevent It with a Tailgate Lock.
In the previous post we discussed the rising rate of tailgate thefts (see the National Insurance Crime Bureau report) and specifically, one option for preventing it – a tailgate lock. For many this was the first time you’d seen such a device and even more invested in purchasing one of your own. For others, this topic raised some questions. Questions such as:
- Why do I need a Tailgate Lock when I can accomplish the same thing with a hose clamp for $1.00?
- Do I need to purchase two of these tailgate locks to prevent someone from being able to lift the other side of the tailgate up and pulling the tailgate off?
- Most tailgates are equipped with a keyed lock in the handle, why don’t people just use that lock?!
Well hold on to your seats because for every question you have – I have an opinion!
Texas Inspection Changes Go Into Effect March 1st, 2015
Two Steps, One Sticker is here and with it comes some major Texas inspection changes. The new program is quite a diversion from the ways of old, and can be a bit confusing at first glance. Fortunately, with the help of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles and the Two Steps One Sticker website, I’ve been able to craft a couple resources I hope will make understanding the process a little easier.
Tailgate theft is on the rise across the nation, and Texas leads the pack. From 2012 to the end of 2013 tailgate theft rose over 30 percent!
Thieves are targeting tailgates for a number of reasons:
1) They are easy and quick to remove.
2) Tailgates are still often sold by PART which can make replacing one incredibly expensive. There is a healthy market for people looking for good used COMPLETE tailgate replacements for their vehicles.
3) Even the simplest tailgates can sell for a couple hundred dollars. Some highend tailgates that are equipped with cameras and lights can sell for THOUSANDS. There is big money to be made.
Purchasing a tailgate lock can help prevent you from falling victim to this crime! For less than $20 you can drastically reduce the chances that a thief will SUCCESSFULLY make you a victim. You may still be targeted, but most of the time the effort to defeat the lock will simply not be worth it. Why waste time on your vehicle when there will always be another easier target right down the road?
This is the solution I use for my own vehicle. Have a better solution? Comment below! We’ll all learn and grow better together!
Get it HERE: Master Lock Tailgate Lock
Get FREE 2 Day Shipping w/ an Amazon Prime membership: Click here for a 30 Day Free Trial